BAM Nuttall Ltd is seeking a Project Stakeholder Engagement and Social Value Manager to work on our Manchester Victoria North and Calder Valley flood alleviation projects.
This is a temporary role, providing sabbatical cover from September 2022 to November 2023. BAM is hopeful there will be other projects for the successful candidate to move onto in November 2023 and that the position would then become permanent.
As part of a busy civil engineering team, you will manage stakeholder relationships, community engagement and deliver on BAM Nuttall’s strategic agenda to enhance lives.
The Role Will Require You
- To manage key relationships across multiple stakeholder groups, maintaining strong trusting relationships.
- To ensure our business operations positively impact the lives of our people and communities.
- To treat all colleagues with respect and promote a culture of belonging.
Flexible working hours and some home working are available, however due to the nature of the role there are expectations to regularly work within site offices.
Your Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Manage day to day engagement for specific work areas.
- Prepare advance works notifications and updates for specific work areas, and take appropriate action to inform of disruption, access requirements, working areas, traffic management, etc.
- Liaise with community representation groups to ensure that any concerns are registered and responded to.
- Arrange and attend stakeholder engagement events.
- Seek ways to mitigate community harm and maximise community benefit.
- Contribute to regular newsletters and updates to advise stakeholders of scheme progress.
- Manage social impact on the project, ensuring that contractual requirements and client expectations are met.
- Work with a variety of people – stakeholders, clients, site teams, local schools/colleges and community groups to drive social impact and engagement forward.
- Proactively establish links with relevant education establishments, training providers, industry bodies and community organisations. To undertake activities which:
- Promote the construction industry in a positive way, including the wide variety of career opportunities, routes available and development opportunities it offers.
- Encourage new entrants to the industry.
- Help support the curriculum by organising education activities.
- Organise work experience placements/shadowing/mentoring.
- Support a variety of routes into employment.
- Arrange volunteering and fundraising within the team.
- Promote and support EDI initiatives on the project.
- Record and report on activities and manage reporting deadlines/periods.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing across the business through case studies that capture best practice.
Who BAM are looking for?
- Confident and articulate.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Able to diplomatically and emphatically engage with stakeholders.
- Good local knowledge and existing relationships.
- Mobile and able to travel to projects which may include remote locations within northern England.
- Friendly; brings whole self to work and enjoys collaborating with others to achieve results; recognises others and celebrates outstanding success.
- A genuine passion for engagement and social impact.
What’s in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; car/travel allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year – in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
More information about BAM and the job opportunity here.