Flood wardens are local volunteers who are supported by the Environment Agency and Calderdale Council. They play a critical role before, during and after flooding events by providing hands-on support to our communities.
Typical duties include:
- Supporting flooding events by being the eyes and ears on the ground
- Communicating with the Environment Agency about flood warning information
- Offering advice and information to residents and businesses
- Actively encouraging people to sign up for the Environment Agency’s flood warning service
- Supporting vulnerable members of our communities
- Attending regular meetings with people at risk and those who have a role in assisting
- Helping to manage resources in partnership with the flood groups
Find out more about the role of a flood warden using the link below.