If any problems arise whilst work is in progress, or you are unhappy about anything, talk to your contractor right away. If the contractor is a member of a trade association, they may have a mediation or arbitration service.
We have listed some directories and agencies as a guide to what’s available:
- Blue Pages is an online directory of flood services and products available to help make your home more resilient against future flooding www.bluepages.org.uk.
- Age UK is a website where the traders and businesses listed have been checked by local Age UK staff to ensure that they are qualified, insured and have a history of reliable and trustworthy trading www.aubdcalderdaleandkirklees.co.uk.
- Federation of Master Builders (FMB) is the UK’s largest trade association for the construction industry, championing continuous improvement in building standards for over 75 years www.fmb.org.uk.
- National Federation of Builders (NFB) is a UK trade association representing the interests of regional contractors and small and medium sized house builders in England and Wales www.builders.org.uk.
- Rated People is an online market place that connects homeowners with local tradespeople www.ratedpeople.com.
- Considerate Constructors Scheme is a non-profit making, independent organisation founded in 1997 by the construction industry to improve its image www.ccscheme.org.uk.
You may also find the following pages useful: