About the scheme
The Flood Alleviation Scheme for Mytholmroyd has been developed in partnership with Calderdale Council, the local community, and partners. Vital works to be completed as part of the scheme include:
- New, raised flood and improved walls
- The relocation of Caldene Bridge
- Widening of the river channel at key locations
- Waterproofing of buildings next to the river.
Please click here to view a copy of the Mytholmroyd Scheme leaflet. The leaflet provides background information and how we've developed the scheme so far.
The map below provides details of each area of work in the village and approximate timescales.
You can contact the project team by emailing MytholmroydFAS@environment-agency.gov.uk if you have any questions about the scheme.
Overview of the Mytholmroyd flood scheme, delivered by the Environment Agency to the Calderdale Flood Recovery & Resilience Programme Board on 19 July 2019. Please download the presentation to read the slide notes: Mytholmroyd Flood Alleviation Scheme presentation.
Meetings are held monthly with representatives from the community to discuss any issues and concerns about the scheme.
Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) around Traffic Management.
Information Bulletin - Traffic Management Changes - Aug 2018
For more information on local roadworks including live and planned traffic disruption, visit www.roadworks.org.
The latest update on the Mytholmroyd Flood Alleviation Scheme can be seen below.
You can also visit the News page for articles relating to the scheme, including the following:
- Business as usual for Mytholmroyd’s emergency fire service during highway diversion for vital flood works (27/08/19)
- Road closure avoided in Mytholmroyd as vital flood defence scheme progresses (11/07/19)
- Dozens of people turned up to find out more about the Mytholmroyd flood defences (29/03/19)
- Drop in to find out more about the Mytholmroyd flood defences (15/03/19)
- Business success story supports Mytholmroyd recovery (13/03/19)
- Yorkshire Water to undertake vital work on New Road, Mytholmroyd (15/02/19)
- Progress with flood protection work (09/10/18)
- Read more here...
If you would like to subscribe to receive our Information Bulletins by email - please send 'subscribe' to MytholmroydFAS@environment-agency.gov.uk.
Information Bulletin No.28 - October 2019
Information Bulletin No.27 - September 2019
Information Bulletin No.26 - September 2019
Information Bulletin No.25 - July 2019
Information Bulletin No.24 - June 2019
Information Bulletin No.23 - May 2019
Information Bulletin No.22 - April 2019
Information Bulletin No.21 - March 2019
Information Bulletin No.20 - February 2019
Information Bulletin No.19 - January 2019
Information Bulletin No.15 - October 2018
Information Bulletin No.14 - October 2018
Information Bulletin No.13 - September 2018
nformation Bulletin No.12 - September 2018
Information Bulletin No.11 - August 2018
Information Bulletin No.10 - July#2 2018
Information Bulletin No.9 - July 2018
Information Bulletin No.8 - June 2018
Information Bulletin No.7 - May 2018
Information Bulletin No.6 - March 2018
Information Bulletin No.5 - January 2018
Information Bulletin No.4 - December 2017
Information Bulletin No.3 - November 2017
Information Bulletin No.2 - October 2017
Information Bulletin No.1 - October 2017