The Flood Alleviation Scheme for Mytholmroyd has been developed in partnership with Calderdale Council, the local community, and partners. Vital works to be completed as part of the scheme include:
- New, raised flood and improved walls
- The relocation of Caldene Bridge
- Widening of the river channel at key locations
- Waterproofing of buildings next to the river.
Please click here to view a copy of the Mytholmroyd Scheme leaflet. The leaflet provides background information and how we've developed the scheme so far.
The map below provides details of each area of work in the village and approximate timescales.
You can contact the project team by emailing MytholmroydFAS@environment-agency.gov.uk if you have any questions about the scheme.
Please click here to view the Environment Agency's presentation at the Business Network Breakfast in Mytholmroyd on 16th January 2018, which contains further information on the scheme.
Click here to view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) around Traffic Management.
The latest update on the Mytholmroyd Flood Alleviation Scheme can be seen below.
You can also visit the News page for articles relating to the scheme, including the following:
- Motorists urged to plan ahead for vital flood defence scheme (23/03/18)
- Mytholmroyd resident says the new flood defences can't be built soon enough to better protect the village (15/03/18)
- Meet the team constructing vital flood defences to protect Mytholmroyd on Thursday 22 March 2018 (13/03/18)
- Mark Tupman talks to Hebden Radio about Mytholmroyd Flood Alleviation Scheme (13/02/18)
- Essential riverside work starts to make way for the Mytholmroyd flood defences (26/01/18)
If you would like to subscribe to receive our Information Bulletins by email - please send 'subscribe' to MytholmroydFAS@environment-agency.gov.uk.
Information Bulletin No.5 - January 2018
Information Bulletin No.4 - December 2017
Information Bulletin No.3 - November 2017
Information Bulletin No.2 - October 2017
Information Bulletin No.1 - October 2017