The SOURCE Partnership
SOURCE brings together a range of partners from community and government organisations to identify, oversee and deliver natural flood management projects in Calderdale.
The partnership includes Treesponsibility, the Calder Rivers Trust, National Trust, Calderdale Council, the Environment Agency, Moors for the Future/MoorLIFE, Slow the Flow Calderdale, Sticks and Stones, South Pennine Facilitation Fund, Pennine Prospects, the White Rose Forest and more.
Their work focuses on:
- Minimising flash flooding through appropriately sited tree planting and moorland restoration.
- Treating damaged land and control erosion.
- Slowing storm water run-off through small-scale landscape interventions.
- Improving the water and habitat quality of the River Calder.
- Undertaking educational activities and encouraging volunteering so that people of all ages and from all walks of life become aware of the value of our rivers and uplands.