The partnership includes Treesponsibility, the Calder Rivers Trust, National Trust, Calderdale Council, the Environment Agency, Moors for the Future/MoorLIFE, Slow the Flow Calderdale, Sticks and Stones, South Pennine Facilitation Fund, Pennine Prospects, the White Rose Forest and more.
Their work focuses on:
- Minimising flash flooding through appropriately sited tree planting and moorland restoration.
- Treating damaged land and control erosion.
- Slowing storm water run-off through small-scale landscape interventions.
- Improving the water and habitat quality of the River Calder.
- Undertaking educational activities and encouraging volunteering so that people of all ages and from all walks of life become aware of the value of our rivers and uplands.
You can download the latest Partnership report - Spring 2020 for all the latest news, case studies, projects and more. The 2019 edition is also available here.