18 Sep
2015

Minutes - Hebden Bridge/ Mytholmroyd Flood Action Group Thursday 17th September 2015

1 Present:  Steve Hoyle, Andrew Entwistle, John Ludlam, Robin Dixon, Mick Davies.                                                

Apologies: Kathleen Eidson (AE met her recently and she wishes to resign, as she is leaving the area), Judi Chrysanthou, Diana Monahan. 

2 Minutes 18th June2015: Agreed.

3 Matters arising:

Community Foundation for Calderdale grant to Mytholmroyd: Jl to send HB’s application to CFC to RD by e-mail for reference.

Eye on Calderdale: The Group agreed that minutes should be sent to Jae Campbell for uploading.

Review of constitution and discussion of closer working with the Mytholmroyd Flood Action Group: The constitution was reviewed and changes agreed. JL to draft and circulate for agreement at next AGM, changing the title to Hebden Royd Flood Group.

4 Financial update: SH to ask Jason Boon for written summary for the next meeting, by which time most of the spending on stocking the Flood Stores should be logged.

5              Flood Stores and Flood Plans:    Picture House: Meeting and photos to take place on Saturday 19th September 10.00 a.m. JL has circulated the local plan for Area 1. This meeting to agree keyholders, any additional contents which are needed, and changes to the plan.

The group decided that up to 5 keys per store should be issued initially. JL will collate a list of keyholders from the receipts SH collects as the keys are distributed. SH will ask Jason Boon about storing a master set of keys at the Town Hall.

                The other three stores are in place and have initial stocks. There was discussion of the concerns of one resident in Charlestown, and agreement that steps should be taken to make the store as unobtrusive as possible. MD has discussed this issue with Virginia Saynor who will refer within Calderdale MBC. Racking now in place at these three stores. SH will organize meetings at the other three stores and notify JL, who will extract a local plan from the Flood Plan for each meeting. Flood Group members will ask the Resilience Board later this evening to investigate ways to protect the Bridge Lanes store from parked vehicles preventing access.

RD will consider a meeting at Mytholmroyd.

SH has seen purpose designed scoops for drain cleaning, costing £69.00 + VAT. The group agreed to purchase 3 initially, along with a drain cover lifting tool for each, with a view to having one in each store if they are required.

6              Resilience Board: There was a discussion of the Siren test. The date proposed is OK but the Thursday of the same week may be better in terms of numbers of people in town in Todmorden and Hebden Bridge. SH and MD are exploring possible availability of hand cranked sirens for the two smaller stores!? The group will consider being at the stores around the time of the test. 

7              Minuting: SH said Jason Boon had mentioned the possibility of help. To be followed up.

8              Future meetings: AGM needs to be March 2016. Meetings for 2016 to be confirmed when the Resilience Board has set its dates, and to be for an hour beforehand on the same days.

9              HB Partnership meeting: 12th October  7.30 at Hope Baptist Chapel (side entrance): AE to attend and do the 3 minute presentation.

10           Dates of next meetings:

17 December 2015, 17 March 2016.    4.00p.m. at Hebden Bridge Town Hall

1              Present:  Steve Hoyle, Andrew Entwistle, John Ludlam, Robin Dixon, Mick Davies.                                                

Apologies: Kathleen Eidson (AE met her recently and she wishes to resign, as she is leaving the area), Judi Chrysanthou, Diana Monahan. 

2              Minutes 18th June2015: Agreed.

3              Matters arising:

Community Foundation for Calderdale grant to Mytholmroyd: Jl to send HB’s application to CFC to RD by e-mail for reference.

Eye on Calderdale: The Group agreed that minutes should be sent to Jae Campbell for uploading.

Review of constitution and discussion of closer working with the Mytholmroyd Flood Action Group: The constitution was reviewed and changes agreed. JL to draft and circulate for agreement at next AGM, changing the title to Hebden Royd Flood Group.

4 Financial update: SH to ask Jason Boon for written summary for the next meeting, by which time most of the spending on stocking the Flood Stores should be logged.

5 Flood Stores and Flood Plans:    Picture House: Meeting and photos to take place on Saturday 19th September 10.00 a.m. JL has circulated the local plan for Area 1. This meeting to agree keyholders, any additional contents which are needed, and changes to the plan.

The group decided that up to 5 keys per store should be issued initially. JL will collate a list of keyholders from the receipts SH collects as the keys are distributed. SH will ask Jason Boon about storing a master set of keys at the Town Hall.

The other three stores are in place and have initial stocks. There was discussion of the concerns of one resident in Charlestown, and agreement that steps should be taken to make the store as unobtrusive as possible. MD has discussed this issue with Virginia Saynor who will refer within Calderdale MBC. Racking now in place at these three stores. SH will organize meetings at the other three stores and notify JL, who will extract a local plan from the Flood Plan for each meeting. Flood Group members will ask the Resilience Board later this evening to investigate ways to protect the Bridge Lanes store from parked vehicles preventing access.

RD will consider a meeting at Mytholmroyd.

SH has seen purpose designed scoops for drain cleaning, costing £69.00 + VAT. The group agreed to purchase 3 initially, along with a drain cover lifting tool for each, with a view to having one in each store if they are required.

6 Resilience Board: There was a discussion of the Siren test. The date proposed is OK but the Thursday of the same week may be better in terms of numbers of people in town in Todmorden and Hebden Bridge. SH and MD are exploring possible availability of hand cranked sirens for the two smaller stores!? The group will consider being at the stores around the time of the test. 

7 Minuting: SH said Jason Boon had mentioned the possibility of help. To be followed up.

8 Future meetings: AGM needs to be March 2016. Meetings for 2016 to be confirmed when the Resilience Board has set its dates, and to be for an hour beforehand on the same days.

9 HB Partnership meeting: 12th October  7.30 at Hope Baptist Chapel (side entrance): AE to attend and do the 3 minute presentation.

10 Dates of next meetings:

17 December 2015, 17 March 2016.    4.00p.m. at Hebden Bridge Town Hall